October 7, 2013

Photography Styling Challenge {Morning}


I have joined a  wonderful new photography challenge held by Redesigned by M. The challenge is designed around styling your own workspace for your photoshoot and was created with two main outcomes: learning how to use your camera in its fullest capacity, and learning how to be your own stylist for a shoot.

I absolutely loved this challenge, as for me, the best part of any shoot is the styling element, where I have to move around objects to create the 'perfect' shot. Personally, when I take photographs, what I love most is the small details, the tiny bits that make up the whole. This is exactly what I get to do with this challenge. 

No editing may be done to the photographs, apart from edge cropping, and all photographs have to have been taken since the start of this challenge in June this year.

If you'd like to know more or if you want to join the challenge, pop on over to Redesigned by M.

This months theme was {Morning}


I spent a lot of time thinking about this theme, how to make it unique, trying to get all artsy farsty with it.  I really wanted to use the beautiful natural light that comes in through our bedroom window here in Korea and brainstormed how to style my shoot around that.

Here are the results. Hubby had to be very patient with me, but I quite like how the photographs came out.

What do you think?



Make sure to check out the following other bloggers and their entries for this challenge: